California Dreamin'

We love our neighborhood because it's far enough from town to be secluded, but still in the city limits, and before school started there were usually kids everywhere. When we realized this move would be a reality, it was heartbreaking for the kids, who had real friends that they couldn't even think of moving away from. So we prayed and God answered. This is one of several of Kennedy's best friends.
We live at the open end of a culda sac which makes us the final boundary of the dead end before going out onto the main road of our complex. I love that the kids can ride their bikes up and down the street without constant supervision because the traffic is very minimal and generally limited to the residents of the community. I don't worry about someone sticking them in their car down the street and taking off. *I still keep one eye on them whenever they are outside.*
These boys have finally come to accept one another. Max still pounces Scooder, but Scooder tolerates him and looks sad when I lock Max up in his kennel. I didn't realize until just now how much Max has grown since I took this photo. His front legs seem to be almost twice as long now. It will be interesting to see how things change between them once he outgrowns Scooder by three times his height!

I think this game they play is so cute. I don't exactly understand what it is that they're doing, but it looks like some kind of repair shop. They use leaves and grass for something. I just think it's cute.
They live outside. We are still sitting hours on the football field everynight, so with that and running the street all day, they have gotten pretty tan, which is funny to me. I never thought my kids would tan, I just assumed we'd have to buy stock in sunblock and load them up everyday. They've burned a couple of times, but it didn't keep them in the house, so I just let it go.
And here they all are... Leila is always in the middle of the action trying to mimick whatever is going on. She still thinks she's a grown-up kid. It's hard to believe she'll be two in a few days. I guess life really does go on.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days