Football, Baby!

I've promised these pictures to so many people. Here they are! Dun da DUN! Isn't he adorable? The kid is fast, he's got good form, he's ready for a half hour before we leave the house every day, and he respects each coach and whatever they say...
But he won't hit. He gets out there lookin like a pro and won't hurt a fly. Other moms keep telling me that it will come, he'll get hit hard and it'll make him mad which will push him to another level. I'm telling you, he's getting pummelled and there's no wrath in him. I want to just cheer him on to victory, but the coach is holding him back because he's holding back.
I know he can hit, I've seen it plenty of times. SO, being the type of mother that I am, I'm paying him. *I learned this trick from my mom who paid my little sister a quarter for every full day she stayed in school all day.* A quarter for every time he gets somebody on the ground. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by saying, "I don't care who it is, as long as he's on the other side, get 'em down and you're getting paid, Bud!"

I used to dream about the days I'd have a son playing football. I love football season and now, being in the lovely, tropical Lompoc Valley, sitting through practices is hardly a chore at sixty-five degrees. I pity my friends suffering heat stroke in the midwest. It's always a source of amazement to me the things God cares about and brings to life.

Comments

  1. Thanks for your pity!! Micah looks tougher than nails. The opposition will at least be intimidated prior to the game!! Good Luck Micah - hit 'em hard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days