Changes


This is Leila's favorite shirt. Everytime she sees it, she insists on wearing it. It doesn't matter what she wears it with, this day a diaper was all she needed, as long as she has on the puppy shirt. I love it when it comes through the wash, which sometimes takes a little while, because she gets so excited when I pull it out. It really is about the simple things in life, isn't it She's almost seven and just started losing teeth this summer. I was beginning to wonder if the bottom two would rot out before they fell out. Once the concern started to mount, I decided to investigate the matter and found the grown up teeth making an appearance before the bottom rotters even considered making a move. Which brought us to threats of a trip to the dentist if she didn't start working them a little. She got to wiggling them and before we knew it they were both gone. Then she lost the top one. That big boy was coming through already too! She's still got one baby tooth up front, hanging on for dear life, but if I have anything to do with it, we'll be sending it home with the forgetful fairy that steals the tooth in the middle of the morning when no one's looking, very, very soon. I had to show Bud in a feat of strength- or rather, a display of strength. He's trimmed down so much since football started, it cracks me up. He is a big kid and built like a linebacker ever since he started wearing 6x, but not he's a lean, mean, snapping machine. He is still wrestling with the moral dilema of hitting boys that he has nothing against, I think, which is why the coach gave him the important responsibility of snapping the ball the quarterback. And he takes it very seriously. Now, after that is a little different story, but he looks like a pro. Isn't that what bantam league is all about? I'm gonna have to say yes.
I went in to check on the girls one night and found this little number sprawled out completely across both girls. Once I got the camera and snapped the picture, he had actually pulled his legs in a little. But the first scene entailed Max with arms and legs stretched out full length across both girls. He's so funny. He has no idea that he's a huge dog yet. This morning he jumped up beside me on the couch and curled up into a tiny little ball in the crack of the couch cushions. He's in for a real surprise in the next few months. He doesn't look very tall, but his face is just about as big as Leila's head and his paws I cannot fit my hand completely around, which both tell us that a beast will emerge from this sweet puppy. Maybe we're the ones that are in for a real surprise!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days