Happy Birthday, Cap'n Jack!

Gotta love this kid!
I mistakenly told him that his birthday was coming up about six weeks ago. Since then it's been the only thing he sees at the end of his tunnel. This is difficult for the poor kid because sometimes it can be so anti-climatic. I don't know what to make of it... do I not tell him and then just surprise him the day of? SURPRISE! This is it! You're five now! I don't think so. Besides, this year he'll learn the calendar and be able to look at it and know.
Anyway, we're planning lots of festivities. This is the cake he requested. I don't know if I posted it before, but the original was quite a fiasco. I agreed to make it today, on the real birhtday, and save a normal cake for the party, just in case it ended up being a second sinker.
As much as he wanted to camp at Pismo beach, we don't have a camper or the money to rent one; and I'll tell you truth, I don't think we're quite ready to sleep on the beach in a tent. No, no, I'm quite certain. Taking five children and a dog and a puppy and trying to sleep and eat and live with no furniture or conventional toiletting facilities within earshot is not really in our league yet. Someday- not this one.
So I got up early with the new baby, six o'clock might as well be four here, and decided I should do some birthday fairy magic before Tre got out of bed. This is a tradition that I started many moons ago; sneaking around after bedtime hanging streamers and balloons and putting out presents. It's very exciting when it works, but sometimes I forget until it's late and then I'm slapping the stuff up anywhere I can reach without even thinking to count the twists in the streamers.

One of the countless things he requested, besides being the KING OF THE HOUSE, was breakfast in bed. So after the puppy went back to bed and the birthday fairy did her gig, I made pancakes and sausage and syrup. I'm waiting until a little bit later to serve him because he came into our room in the night and Dale doesn't work until noon. Showing up with breakfast at seven might have started the day off on the wrong foot. Tre doesn't really have a lot of leaway as it is; it's been a rough week for him.
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tre! If you know us well enough to have our phone number, any of them, please call and wish Tre a happy birthday. It will give him the thrill of a lifetime to have phone calls directed at him. And if you don't, leave a comment with warm birthday wishes to the King of the house (for today).

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Tre!!

    From all the Wess Kids and the Wess Mom!

    You will receive love and well wishes from many states today. We are in Arkansas and going to Tennessee this afternoon. Maybe you can look those states up on a map.

    Enjoy your special day Lots of love from us,

    the Wesses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday my little friend. We miss you very much. We went to the zoo yesterday - wish you could have gone with us. What a great birthday that would have been. I love the cake your mom made for you. We love you Tre. All the Pearsons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days