Simple Little Sundress

My mom is quite the seamstress. As kids, my sister and I wore a handmade Easter dress almost every year until we discovered the wonder of shopping. After we started building our family, I knew she would be creating all kinds of beautiful things for Kennedy and she did. When she told me she was making a little dress for Leila I was anxious to get it in the mail; Leila loves to dress up so I knew it would be super exciting for her.
This little number turned out to be a little more detailed than my mom expected it to be. Not only is there a zipper, a side-zipper at that, there is a full tool slip underneath to give it a greater spin factor. If you don't sew, I'll tell you that a zipper is much more complicated than buttons and buttonholes. I've never even done a side zipper, but because it is not along a main seam line, I'm sure it's tricky. The slip... the lining... that's out of my league. But wasn't it worth it? Look at how precious she is!!!
The first pose was cute, but the second from the front was unsuccessful, and the third initially was a great big sweet smile, but it dissipated between the two flashes. Oh well. She's no less adorable, I know.

Kennedy's new thing is to get dressed up and walk down the street to the mailbox. I don't know if she feels like she's on parade or if she just feels like being fancy these days, but Leila is totally with her. She's on board for whatever Kennedy suggests for that matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days