Christmas Bliss

Dear Christmas,

I can see you peeking out of my future and making your way into my present.

I know that it's necessary for you to come, but the anticipation of your arrival makes for such rich memories. I can hardly bare the disappearance of your sweet face on my calendar...

I think of you long before the school supplies are taken down and replaced with black cats and orange pumpkins.

And during the summertime I push away thoughts of you when I am reminded of a favorite Christmas tune, forcing myself to not indulge in singing the words aloud as they are reserved for only this precious time of year.

And then you come with all your holly and ivy,
twinkle lights and jingle bells,

egg nog and pumpkin bread,

and the reflection of Jesus everywhere I look, no matter who tries to cover it up.
You're marvelous and I adore you.
So please, just one more week... just let this one more week shine even brighter with your magic and wonder and the glory of God.
lvb

Comments

  1. Everybody is getting so big! Looks like you all had a great cookie making time!! FUn:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days