Merry Christmas Eve!!!


You may not be surprised to learn that we spent Christmas Eve Eve celebrating. The calendar showed us favor on our last Christmas celebration in California by offering Dale two special days off right before Christmas instead of splitting the days with inmates. So as soon as he got here, I ran to store to stock up on groceries and whatnots so that we could snuggle down in front of a roaring stack of Christmas movies and not come out until after the celestial day. What I didn't count on was the hex bolt being too big for the go cart. And I forgot the marshmallows for the sweet potatoes. And bread. Then after the second trip to Albertsons, I bought Coke instead of Coke Zero, so instead of going twice in one day, Dale made a third trip. I can pretty much guarantee that we'll be out again today, it's just that I'm sort of an idealist and I really like to think that things will go just the way I hope they will go. (Note to self: Things never go the way I hope they will go.)

Fortunately, I have managed to finish and wrap all of my Christmas presents before today so I feel accomplished and relieved. I used to love wrapping. I remember mapping out my design for the presents before I had even purchased the gifts, the color of the wrapping paper, the wired ribbons, the delicately cut gift tag, the works. Now that there are a thousand gifts to wrap, I have to be honest, I basically roll it up, slap the tape, and write the name with a sharpie. As a matter of fact, I wrapped one of Leila's gifts in bubble wrap and packaging tape when the wrapping paper started to run low. Some things just don't matter anymore. They just want to tear into the gifts anyway, and my tree looks like an avalanche of gifts so it can't be about fancying up the bottom half.

Hey, guess what! I found my Halloween costume for next year; next year when I am a resident of Missouri and take my children trick-or-treating in a Smalltown, USA!! It's pictured above. I'm Spongebob! HAHA!! And by the way, that's exactly how I feel right now. It's Christmas Eve! It's the most wonderful time the year!

Merry Christmas to all of you, my faithful friends and readers!! Maybe next year we'll all drink egg nog together in my living room. xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days