The Playhouse


I can't full express my pure joy in the full appreciation I have received for making this playhouse. It really was not that much work, a few afternoons at the table with the kiddos all busily working on their projects and few evenings of handwork, but really considering the project, it wasn't too much.

Here's a view from the window. Between my two girls, the sloppiest ones, they had the playhouse floor as messy as their bedroom in no time!

I just snapped this from the kitchen. The apples are velcro and can go off and on. (Note to self: Next time do not attempt iron-on velcro with felt.) That tree started out so simply and then Tre joined the crafters and immediately cut a large chunk out of my pattern piece on the table. Then I cut a new one and it burned and shrank when I followed the instructions on the velcro pattern. So did the pillowcase I used between the iron and the felt. Yipes! The squirel was a fiasco too. I should've cut him out of felt, but I had some corduroy and thought it would be so cute until I cut it and it frayed all over the place. That left me finishing the edges, which was a shinanigan because it was so curvy.

Deisha doesn't quite get that the door is the door.  The windows are so much more accessable.

But as long as she can get in and out, whatever.  I seriously considered covering the windows with netting, but I thought it would be an unnecessary hassle.  Guess I'll rethink that on the first repair job.  Lovin it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days