as much as i'd like to post pictures

March 31, 2020

Today was a good day.

I was able to get out of the house for a while by myself, which is so good for my mental health. When I got home, I started dinner early so we could go for a walk when Dale got home from work.

It was a rough day at the prison. Things are changing there, and rightly so, it's just a rough transition.

We met Kennedy at the trails and took a long walk with scooters and skateboards down to the waterfall. The weather was perfect, the kids were happy to be outside, and we were happy to get some exercise.

Afterwards, we all had dinner together, including my older girls, peacefully. Joyfully. Spaghetti and green beans and toasted hamburger buns that I bought when there wasn't any bread on the shelves and now it's starting to get hard, so that was perfect.

I continued to feel the uncertainty poking at me as the day trudged on, the long, long, very long, super long days, but it didn't hold me hostage like it recently. I've resisted reading the news for a few days now. It did not serve me well to scour headlines, prior. People send me important news when it happens. It's better to wait for those reports.

Tonight I took a long bath and spent the evening catching up on correspondence next to an open window with my favorite station on Pandora playing all my favorite songs. Tomorrow I'll do five or six loads of laundry and pick up school lunches. I'm looking forward to my coffee in the morning and morning time, which is the first installment of a day's schoolwork at our house. The best part.

I'd love to post pictures, but pictures are not my thing. Words are. I'll eventually add them, but not today.

The Lord is good and kind to give me rest for my soul, if only for one day. Thank you, Jesus.

lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days