The Fourth of July: Part Two

Let me back up for just a minute here. When Cara and I got home from the 5K that we completed LONG BEFORE the lady that was pushing a stroller, the house was still quiet. They were starting to take numbers for the shower, but the kids weren't running yet. I collected my clothes and camped out by the bathroom door so that I would be sure to get some warm water. By the time I got out of the shower, the traffic up and down the stairs was starting to pick up.

Downstairs my mom was finishing up serving breakfast and packing up for the day trip to Great Bend. The kids were brushing teeth and packing bags and slapping on sunscreen. Within ten minutes of my decent down the stairs, the place was hopping. Remember that infamous scene on Home Alone the morning of their trip where people are everywhere and there is rampant chaos? That's what my mom's house was like. I was running in and out of the dining room trying to finish getting myself and the kids ready, and Teresa was sitting at the table giggling to herself. She and jonjenek looked on with empathy as all the mommies started to come unglued. Madness, I tell you. It's just what I dream about for my very own clan when they all come home. I loved every minute of it. That hour of that morning topped the charts on my "favorite parts of the trip" list.

Ok, back to the virtual present. Here's Erin, and my cousin Tina's husband Billy. He cracks me up. I love people that know who they are.

This is how Erica looks all the time, all fancied up with those gleaming white teeth flashing. She's fun, fun, fun. At first glimpse you might be misled by this photograph. These are my cousins. They are brother and sister, holding Deisha and Maren. Aren't they cute? All of them? They look like they could be a little family, and they are, but not the way they look. Erica has one son, Jordan, whom you met earlier. Luke is married to Karli and they have a son named Hayden. Somehow I didn't get a photograph of either of them. Boo on me! You have to understand, I didn't get my camera out until about the last thirty minutes of our all-day adventure. And it's like that, and that's the way it is.

I'm not sure who said we needed a Stewart family photo, but my sister and I jumped on set without hesitation. We don't mind being photographed. No really, we don't! I know. It's hard to believe. We're kind of... how would you describe... shy? Yes. We're shy.

With no one else to block us out of view, we took the opportunity to pose for my parents' Christmas card. Just us. Can't wait to get it in the mail! WOOHOO! That's gonna be grrreat!!!

All kidding aside, if it's up against this one, we might be in for some stiff competition. Blasted David. He's always stealing our thunder!

After everyone lined up, ecstatic to be photographed for another twenty minutes, someone said, "Where's Zane?"

Apparently he didn't make it over before shutters starting flying so my sister initiated a protest. No smiling until Zane got there! Notice the kids in the previous picture. Kennedy is scowling and Jasmine is looking sternly into the distance. Hahahah. They are so funny!

This was the view from our perspective while we waited for Zane. Erica must have been participating in the protest. Love it!!!

Zane jumped in by Micah, we took about thirty more pictures, and I said, "Hey, everybody do something crazy!" Look at Tom. (my dad) He's a wild and crazy guy!

Comments

  1. the only people doing something wild and crazy is you and sara if you really look!

    crazies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days