The Simple Things

Most Sunday nights Dale is at work so I make a simple meal for the kids like homemade macaroni, bean burritos, waffles, something I wouldn't typically make if Dale was at home. The kids usually spend Sundays outside because all the school kids are around. Those two components together usually mean we have extra little faces at our dinner table.
Tonight Nick was only one around when I sent word to the troops that dinner was on the table. Since he's here more often than most of the neighborhood kids, he decided to help Micah clear the table. No, wait. I take that back. He helped Micah so they would be able to play faster. Yes. That makes more sense.
I could hear them chattering in the kitchen but didn't pay much attention when Nick said, "My mom makes the best spaghetti." Micah said, "Yeah. Your mom does make good spaghetti."
My heart sunk a little bit. I want to be that mom that makes the best everything. What can I say. I'm an overachiever.
Then he continued, "But my mom's spaghetti makes you feel warm inside. You know what I mean? It just makes you feel all warm inside."
Nick heartily agreed with, "Yeah, I know! I've had it before!" He's had most of the meals in my routine.

It's a simple thing, but those are the things that make it all worth it.

Comments

  1. micah always remember your mom makes the best sandwiches!! go the extra mile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days