The Long Ride Home


Trebo didn't make the cut on this one. These kids endured quite a trip. I can't really believe we made the trek without Dale all the way across the country. Sarah came along for backup. She took all of these pictures.

These windmill farms look really creepy at night, like some kind of sci-fi or alien set-up, because they have red lights on them. Even in the day they look kind of weird and fascinating. We worked hard to get a single good photo of them. This is the best we could come up with. There's only so much you can do in the road travelling at the speed of sound.

Deisha surprised us all and tolerated the trip relatively well in spite of all her bumps and bruises from the previous days. There were quite of a few of them...

Rock formations. Rad.

And the long stretch of highway closing in on both sides seemed a little daunting, but I concentrated on this being another part of our trip, not just a vehicle between trips. I enjoyed it; I love to travel. Sometimes I think I could be happy driving a truck, but I'd get pretty hefty pretty quickly. You can't drive long distances without candy and sodas.

The sky was marvelous. We had a lot of overcast skies between here and there and the gaps were spectacular.

Rocks. So rad.

SWEET Mama! Who is that happy gal?

Sarah was digging the plateaus. It's funny how being in love makes you see EVERYTHING with new eyes.

These photos are actually backwards. I'm too lazy to flip them. Just consider that the lower we are on the page, the closer to Kansas we are. So these were probably taken in southern Kansas or maybe even Oklahoma. She didn't start taking pictures with my camera until later in the trip. If you are interested in seeing the full photo diary of this trip, you can check her out on Facebook. If you don't already know my sister, don't worry. There are more to come right here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days