Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Oh what a beautiful MOOOORRR-NINNNNGGGG, Oh what a beautiful day...
I heart all holidays. I mean, Thanksgiving? Come on. A day to be--- that's right, thankful! Say thank you. Feel gratitude. Celebrate everything you have ever appreciated. Reflect on the goodness of the Giver of every good gift. And eat. Eat as if it's the physical manifestation of your gratuity. Seriously, how can you not love that?
We had a really great day. I didn't spoil the oven with burnt pie filling, the turkey cooked all the way through, had plenty of time to rest, and really wowed Dale. I can't lie, the green rice was a total loss, and the stuffing wasn't my fave. And the rolls were not the tender delicious goodness I would have preferred, but over all I think the food was spot on, which means two days of labor for the grand finale was not in vain.
There were a few times that I let myself ponder the feasting in Emporia and Richmond, but not for long. We have a ready-made party full of sincerely gratuitous eaters which makes it all worth it. Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friends and neighbors. I hope you all had the best, best, best ever!!!

HEY!! I have a new nephew too! WOOHOO! Welcome to the world, Dylan. May the fullness of your life be the blessed sweet gift from God that we all believe it is going to be. I can't wait to snuggle you! Congratulations, Dave and Erin. We are SOOOO happy for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days