Sista came to town!!!


Some people are born into a family as an only-child. Other people have siblings, but they are the only one of their gender.

Not me, I got it all. God blessed me, long before I realized or appreciated it, with the gift of brothers, AND a sister. Having the relationship that we have makes me want to have more children in hopes of creating this connection between them. But in all actuality, I really might just have a one-of-a-kind.

I have had Sista's undivided attention for a very, very, very long time. If I needed her, she was there. If I was in another state, she would be there before nightfall. When I told her I was pregnant for the fifth time while I was working to put Dale through school, she packed her bags, quit a job that she loved, and moved into my living room with a couch as her only personal space, which she shared willingly when someone needed a place to sit down.

When she is with my children, she takes them to the park, pushes them on the swings, chases them through the grass, and laughs at their jokes. She also organizes dance parties, dress-up parties, and skating parties.
Who knew she made perfectly thin tortillas?!?!
I have had the good life for a long time now. I may have at times taken for granted that she was all mine, but on the whole, I knew how good I had it. On that same token, I know full well that the time is coming to pass that luxury on as her wedding approaches.
Our connection is going to take a bumpy ride as it morphs into whatever it will become as jonjenek takes his permanent place in her world. I have prayed for this to happen for as long as I have been happily married. Now that it's really happening, I am trying to soak up every second of single Sista that I can soak.
Thanks to Dale's suave persuasion, she packed her bags one more time and boarded a plane to California to spend one more weekend of doing all these things that we do when we're together, and talking and laughing and staying up too late.
BOOOO!!!! WAAAAAHH!!! BOOOOhoohoohoo... WAAAAAAAAaaaahhh.... boohoohoo... boo...
...hmph.

Comments

  1. JUST LOOK AT THESE GORGEOUS YOUNG WOMEN!!! I AM BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE THAT THEY ARE MINE!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days