I finished it!!!

I started this quilt a while back... like maybe two years ago. I got inspired when I found a brand new, chocolate brown, king size, 400 count flat sheet for $5 at Goodwill.

Not long afterwards Dale and I were in a consignment shop and I rounded up a bunch of different fabrics from shirts and dresses and sheets and took them home where they stayed in a bag for about six months.

One day I pulled them out, cut them up, pieced them together, stacked up the layers, and safety pinned them in place only to stuff the little darling back into a dark place for another six months or so.

I don't know what inspired me to start quilting, but once I started I was very diligent about getting that part done. I did chalk sketches on the brown side and went to town.
This is the side I really love. I wished I would've done a flat sheet on both sides and spent all my time on the handiwork, but it was my first go at it. If we don't transfer I'll paint the room and hang things on the wall, make shams, and take new pictures of how it's supposed to work in a room. For now, we're in limbo so I'm stalling. I mean, we've only been here two and a half years, why should we feel planted? Right? Am I RIGHT?

Comments

  1. It's gorgeous! And---no---you aren't planted--no roots will go down deeply into California soil!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO GORGEOUS!!! NICE WORK MY SISTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I love it. You should be so proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days