I know this really great lady...

I love this gal. When she is on my calendar, it's like there's a sparkle that lights up every time I remember that she's coming.

On this trip- now I can't remember what I've already posted about... Boo to lost brain cells and scatterbraination. It's a chronic sickness that I've suffered from my whole life. At any rate, we had fun, fun, fun. Here she is making Halloween cookies with Leila. I have never been successful at making cookie cutouts and decided to give it another go. I guess I've gained some ground working with dough and all because they came off without a hitch this time. Hip hip HOORAY!!!
And they were a big hit for everyone that rang our doorbell before the Trick-or-Treating hour. They were also a nice addition to our Halloween party Friday night where we had a decoration station.

Oh the joy of a party at our house with just us. I'm forever grateful that we are a ready-party at any moment. There are so many of us that someone is always the life of the party. And sometimes we all are!

Oh, me? Did you want a picture of me? I'm so distracted by the ruckus in this place that I didn't know you were taking a picture of me. Nice one.
And the aftermath... it's wonderful. This is our favorite thing: to pile up on the couches with our blankies and snuggle and tightly as possible. Usually with a dog or two in the mix. Thanks for coming, Mawmaw. We love you so, so, so much!!!
Today I really love my life.
In all honesty, I have a ton of blogging to do. SO much is going on and it's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm so busy in the wild revelry of it all that I am finding it difficult to work my writing into it. It's a happy busyness that I wouldn't trade. We're leaving tomorrow morning for Palm Springs to see our friends from Nebraska which means I'm on borrowed time even now as I type. It just seemed pertinent to do this now, while I'm burning cds for the trip. Catch you on the flip!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days