Little Miracles


This morning when I dropped the kids off at school, I perused the Thanksgiving potluck table only to discover that my kids were going to be feasting on cookies, fruit, and cinnamon rolls. I hurried home to make them some pigs in a blanket and start Dale's lunch. When I dropped them off at the school, second trip, I had plenty of time to put Dale's lunch and dinner together before he left for work, and Deisha was sleeping at home. Everything was going smoothly until Leila paused by the back tire of our truck and said, "Hey, what's that sound?"

I don't notice things like that. I was focussed on getting home to get Dale out the door. I never would have paid attention to the hissing coming from the tire if she hadn't said something about it. When I looked closer, I saw a broken screw sticking out of the tread. boo....

Being just under a mile from Wal-Mart and about six from home, I went to Wal-Mart. They rushed us in, knowing the circumstances could be dire, and we settled in for the wait.

Dale eventually had to make his own lunch and bring Deisha to Wal-Mart because we were there for over two hours. Apparently getting the car into the garage was critical but fixing the tire was not. Never mind that. All I could think about was how hysterical I would have been if I had walked out the door to pick the kids up and found a flat tire. Do you know how big that tire is? And I've never changed a tire except on the Tonka truck my Barbies used to take the to beach.
God is good. He takes such care to tend to the minutia in my life. Thank You, Lord, for Leila's attentiveness, and thank you for not putting me through the trauma of a flat tire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days