Three Biopsies and a Hysterectomy

I had a minor infection.
All those visits,
heels in the stirrups,
biopsies,
self-diagnoses,
to learn that
I have a mild infection
that should clear itself up.

It's funny,
after that first visit,
the one with the doctor
that recommended a hysterectomy
before my exam,
I actually said the words,
"I don't need my uterus anymore."
It's been good to me.
Adios.

Some good friends recommended otherwise.
A hysterectomy,
while it seemed like a
quick and easy fix,
was not the answer.
Praise God in His sovereignty.
He knew better.

I was scheduled to say goodbye
to my uterus
on January 22nd.
You can imagine my surprise
when that very day I saw
a barely-there line
on a pregnancy test.

Three days of pregnancy tests
with faint lines
was evidence enough for me.
I guess I'm not quite done
with my uterus
after all.
In fact, I believe I'll house it
as long as possible.
It's been good to me,
It's the least I can do.

Seriously though,
I need the hormones.
I do.
I'm a disaster with them.
I can't imagine the nightmare I'd be
without it.

So... Here's to plans that are
beyond me.

lvb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days