Peace that passes all understanding

I've been pouring over the internet
in search of someone
with my story.
Same symptoms
Same turn of events
Same everything.
Needless to say,
She's not there.
Hours of searching to no avail.
What I did find
was a lot of anxiety.

This weekend my sister said
I covered well, hosting our
local family Christmas party.
I wasn't covering,
I really just didn't think about it.
But not long after they left,
I thought about it.
And cried a little.

After my appointment
I felt better.
Still there's no explanation
for my symptoms.
And still I am waiting for lab results
that will tell me
if I have cancer
or not.
But the anxiety is at bay.
I just realized this morning
that I don't have that
sneaking
lingering
encroaching
fear.
And I think it's because
People are praying for me.
Lots of prayers
from hearts of love
and genuine concern.
It's the only way I can imagine
feeling so strangely at peace
with everything still in hanging in the balance.
So thank you.

lvb

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days