friends

 
 "Find other Christians and live your life with them." It seems like it would be the most simple part of being a Christian. It's what my parents did, I essentially did it when I was growing up. But our world is not so simple anymore. Some of us are not regularly plugged into many venues to find other Christians. There have been seasons in my life when I was extremely isolated. When we first moved to California, I wanted to ask the lady that set up my bank account for her number because she was the first person outside my immediate family that I'd had a conversation with in months. 

Every day I read this book of prayers. It sets the stage for my day. Sometimes I don't have the words I need and this little book, The Valley of Vision, gives me the words and a rich insight to my human condition and my desperate need for God. Today I arrived at the very last page. It ended on such a profound request that I couldn't help but share it. It said this: 

"May we know the blessedness of men whose strength is in Thee, and in whose hearts are the highways to heaven."

Ask God to help you find other Christians. You don't need an army of people, you only need a few faithful ones that will remind you of who you are and shine their lights on the path when yours grows dim. Our God is not slow in meeting the needs of His people. Ask Him for what you need and watch for His provision.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days