home

 After a long season of endless days, desperate prayers and physical manifestations of anxiety, my son has returned from boot camp. He left in July, 13 weeks ago, and has endured many, many trials in the process of joining the military during the pandemic. 



More than anything else, I am in awe of God. I missed him, I worried over him, I prayed for him, and I’m so grateful, for the second time in his adult life, that he is sleeping under our roof. But my eyes see God. When he made the decision to join at 17 years old, we had reservations. His determination was all he needed and he persisted until he shipped. It felt presumptuous to ask God to bring him home when it became clear that he was struggling in the uncertainty of it all. But I did ask. I begged. I pleaded. I became the widow with the judge, continuously returning to remind him of my need. When He answered, there was no delay, the answer came swiftly and he returned in record time.

Why did God do this? Why did He move senators and military officials to bring my son home when I petitioned Him for it? 

My only conclusion is that He did it out of His great love for me and my son and my family. I feel overwhelmed at His provision, and humbled at His power. Tonight I may not sleep, but I am full of the knowledge that the God I serve is good and very much alive.

“For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace.”

‭‭John‬ ‭1:16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://www.bible.com/bible/100/jhn.1.16.nasb1995


Comments

  1. OH so thankful! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so overwhelmed, still, every time I think about this. 😭

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days