Sabbath

 


Sunday morning we slept in. It had already been established that we would practice taking a sabbath when I realized we weren’t going to be able to attend church on Sunday morning. It was perfect. Church Saturday, sleep in Sunday, spend the day doing anything besides being on devices or in front of the TV. 


I did a little laundry and ironing and had coffee with my kids while they ate breakfast. They played Monopoly while I read, and then we put a puzzle together. Next we played Crazy 8s. (Thanks @dianne!) We picked up

Culvers for lunch, and afterwards, the kids played outside while I did some writing. Once the sun felt warm enough to take the chill out of the air, I went for a walk. My little boys trotted along beside me investigating the smashed frog in the street each time we passed it.


I made dinner before dropping the girls off at youth group, and when Dale got home, we played another few rounds of Crazy 8s. After family devotions, I took a very hot bath and thanked God for my life. 


It was a beautiful day. The disconnection from this little black box that seems to be permanently attached to my hand, was an absolute relief. I couldn’t completely shut it off because one of my people is far away, and I knew he would call today. But putting a stop to “the constant checking” was a breath of fresh air. 


This is our second week of screenless Sundays, and I can’t recommend it enough. I am already looking forward to it next week.  


“Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.”

‭‭Mark‬ ‭2:27‬ ‭NASB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/mrk.2.27.nasb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days