rest

 Just before the sun went down, we walked to the park to play before bed. I sat on the edge of the playground watching my three littles run and play and squeal and spin. My energy was slow to return this weekend, but I tried to be responsive to all of their new tricks on the equipment. I couldn’t muster the gumption to play whatever game they wanted me to join in on, but I watched and laughed and drank in the sunset just past the trees.

Why is it so hard to do little things like walking to the park with the kids? I didn’t have anything pressing to accomplish, but I had to talk myself into going. And then when we got there, it was exactly what I needed. The thing I didn’t want to do was just what was missing in my stormy soul.

It didn’t seem like a thing last night, but somehow in hindsight, it feels significant. The weather was mild, there was a gentle breeze and it was cool enough for a light sweater. The kids ran wild, but they played in harmony together. Reflecting on those few minutes while they played feels restful. I’ve struggled to find rest in my soul these past few days, so it seems important that I found my rest where I wasn’t looking for it.

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Comments

  1. Beautiful!! I love it!. I too need to find rest, I will just have to do it in a different way. I pray God will lead me in the way He wants me to go. I love you Sweetheart, thank you so much for your beautiful God-given insight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days