jubilation





I’m waiting for an important phone call today. It’s crazy how something trivial can be so paramount. I’ve been praying like I’ve never prayed before. This season has probably been the greatest season of growth in my faith that I’ve ever experienced. I’ve known seasons of hope. Seasons of growth, and I’ve known the closeness of Jesus in loneliness, but this has been an expansion in my faith in God’s willingness to come to my aid, the likes of which I’ve never known. 

(9 hours later)

I just received the phone call I've been waiting all day to hear. I've suffered in the waiting, wondering, praying, and praying a lot. And now I am rejoicing in the answer that came to in response. 


God. answered. my prayers. 

I get tears writing those words. It's not because I didn't think He could, because I knew He could. It's because He would. It's because He heard my cries. He saw my distress. He loves us in a way that no one else can. He sees it all. He knows it all. He hears it all. AND HE STILL LOVES US. 



These past 12 weeks have changed me. I understand something that I never fully understood before. When our will is aligned with His, there's nothing that He won't do for us. God is merciful. He is understanding. He offers hope with there is none. He brings joy. He takes very bad things and brings incredibly beautiful things out of their ugliness. I don't know why He does it. It's one of the "great scandals" of His nature. And He gives to us out of His abundance. 


I can't get my head around it. Why does He? Why would He? Why did He? 

And here's what it is. It's not because of me. It's because of Him, He is just that good. Don't think for a second that He won't do it for you. Run to Him, darlings. He's waiting.

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice, and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Comments

  1. Oh sweet friend, I am so thankful to hear these words. I will continue to pray and thank our wonderful Lord for grace, mercy, and blessings. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days