Punkin

When I walked through the kitchen today, these three caught my eye. I thought someone was setting up for teatime. It made me feel a little giddy when I saw all the pumpkins and the swirl of winter on the cups. 


Turns out, the little boys just set these and a few other dishes here because they couldn’t reach the cabinet where they belonged. They left them for me to put away. I, in turn, left them there to remind me to have tea with them a little later because we all love it so much. 


It was easy to pick up fall cups from Dollar General. Sometimes I find them at Hobby Lobby, but I’ve also found really cool ones at the Dollar Tree. It’s just a matter of looking for them. Having them on the counter gave me a lift, because of pumpkins, and you know how I feel about this time of year. The beauty is in the details. It’s just a little extra effort that takes something ordinary and makes it feel like something special. 


I’m not great at giving gifts, I’m too scattered and distracted. But I do look for opportunities to do special things for my people every day. I’ve been asking God for something impossible and very specific these past few weeks. I don’t know if He will give it to me, but I know that He will answer. He is a good Father, and it brings me peace to know that whatever the outcome, He gives good gifts to His children. 


“If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:11‬ ‭NASB‬‬


https://www.bible.com/bible/100/mat.7.11.nasb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days