snow


Remember when you first learned how to skate? The cute teenaged instructor took your hands while skating backwards and said, “March your feet. March March March!” When it snows like this, I wear really intense snow boots. Even if they look ridiculous, I don the boots because I am afraid of falling. You get to a certain age and you gain a healthy fear of hitting the ground. So when it’s snowy outside and slushy inside, I March. Stomp my feet. No slipping, no sliding. No bounding, no gliding! I have every intention of staying vertical. 

The snow is no respecter of persons. It falls where it will and stacks where it closes. You and I have no choice but to walk through it. But we do have the choice of when to, how to, and in what shoes to walk through it. If you use wisdom to navigate the slick parts, your chances of getting to your desired location are far greater than the guy that just went Willy Billy through the parking lot in his loafers without socks. 

I think you know where I’m going with this. The difference between us and them is Jesus, the Word. Wisdom. 

“... fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:4-6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


https://www.bible.com/bible/100/rom.8.4-6.nasb1995

Comments

  1. "The snow is no respecter of persons" So true! It makes me so so nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days