the load

 


I pulled up next to this guy at a stop sign yesterday and thought, “Woah, he’s got a tire in his trunk.” When I looked again, I saw the other three tires inside his car. One in the passengers seat, and two in back. I was intrigued. What circumstances require loading your car down with four full-sized tires? 


Maybe he bought them on swap and shop. Maybe he just got new tires and didn’t want to pay the disposal fee. Maybe his buddy was getting rid of them. I have no idea. I was so fascinated by the fact that this guys car was occupied by tires that I almost missed my turn to go at the stop sign. I wanted to ask him. And I wanted to tell him that  you can rent a truck from Menards for $35. 


Jesus always asked. He would engage in a conversation with someone, sometimes someone that he wasn’t technically allowed to talk to, and he would ask critical questions. And then He would tell them that there is another way. There’s a way to live life that is lighter, easier. Easier than carrying around all those tires. 


“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

‭‭John‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/jhn.10.10.nasb1995

Comments

  1. This is pretty interesting. I would have wanted to ask him about it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days