beautiful

 


I was a TV kid. I watched TV before school, after school, and Saturday morning. I knew the prime time schedule for every weeknight. I didn’t like football, so I never watched TV on Sunday, but I knew it was on. 


When I married Dale and we would visit his family, after dinner they would all go sit outside. The kids would play and the grown-ups would talk. No one was in a hurry to leave, they all just found a spot and settled in. I didn’t know how to do it. I wasn’t in the habit of doing much of anything outside. I’d stay on the couch at his house while everyone else went outside. He’d casually mention that I was inside and they were outside, so I would eventually join them. 


I don’t know when it shifted, but I love being outside. I love seeing and noticing beautiful things. It gives me glimpses of heaven. 


This is the beginning of everything good: spring. Newness of life. Hope of change. A fragrant aroma and a change of scenery. In weeks, the deadness and darkness is transformed into light and life. It almost happens overnight. I’m always surprised by it.


I forget what these trees look like when the leaves are gone. Signs of spring draw me to have a closer look. All I see is the handiwork of God and I’m awe-struck. 


“The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭19:1‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/psa.19.1.nasb1995


Comments

  1. Springtime is so glorious to see all of the things come to life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days