family

 


I found this little poem on the counter yesterday when I was scrubbing sweet tea off the surface. My sweet Scarlette wrote this sentiment from her heart. I don’t know when she wrote it or what inspired it. I don’t know what the part she erased said. I just happened to read it before tossing the notebook into the junk drawer.


One of the hard parts of being responsible for all these lives is that I never know whose needs are met and who is going without. I ask God to show me, but sometimes I get busy and things fall through the cracks. My little boys’ light fixture burns through lightbulbs in less than a week, which leaves them in the dark for the rest of the month. It usually takes at least that long for me to get the lightbulbs changed again. I have a new fixture for their room, I just can’t seem to get it installed.


Sometimes I lie awake and beg God to cover the bases of things I’m missing. Other days I rest in His mercy and ask Him to show me what is mine to do and how to leave the rest to Him. It’s a tricky balance of feeling in control and recognizing that I’m not. At the end of the day, it filled my heart with joy to read these words from one of my people. I can rest in His provision for me and for them. He’s got us.


“For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your sons within you. He makes peace in your borders; He satisfies you with the finest of the wheat.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭147:13-14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/psa.147.13-14.nasb1995

Comments

  1. Oh how I love that Scarlette wrote this and you shared. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days