eggs

I was struck by the resurrection this year. It felt so much more precious to me than ever before. I remember sitting in church a few years ago trying to will myself to feel something about it, but it was shallow. I have always recognized the significance of it, but somehow the eggs and the food and the clothes overshadowed the power of our Lord’s resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. 

This year God had my attention. We’ve had a year of blessing. There is peace in our camp. We are healthy. Our children are close. The world is chaotic, but in our lives there is an undercurrent of peace and joy. It has enabled me to focus on Jesus every single day without distraction. The days have turned into weeks and months, and our relationship deepens with each encounter I have with Him. 


I kept hearing the phrase, “prepare our hearts for Easter” and wasn’t sure what that meant. But as we followed along with the tradition of Lent and Holy Week, I found myself intensely focused on things Jesus must have felt as He walked through these excruciating events this time so many years ago.


Aside from my meager Lenten sacrifice, not much will change for me in preparing my heart. I’m learning what it means to “pray without ceasing,” because I practice everyday. I am becoming deeply rooted in the truths of the Bible because it’s the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. I am learning how to listen by sitting quietly with the Lord every single day. It’s not that I have something special because of me, but I do have something very special because of Jesus. And you can too, darlings. Run to Him right now and you will find Him.


“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.”

‭‭John‬ ‭15:7-9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/jhn.15.7-9.nasb1995

Comments

  1. I am so thankful for you and your words. This year Easter has been very special. Meeting in worship of Him together was such a blessing. As the weight of the world and the pressures of the secular society seem to be ever increasing I know our only hope is found in Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days