days and days



One day I was already late for work and when I realized I was almost out of gas. So after I picked up my cans for delivery, I stopped to get gas. That was when I realized my wallet was in the vehicle Dale drove to work that day. I was on the phone with Kennedy when I realized I was in a real pickle. I’ll never forget her response. She said, “I think I know what is happening to you. You’re having what is called a bad day.”


I thought of her as I walked out the door this morning. I forgot to pull the car into the garage last night and it was covered with snow. I thought I was returning it to the dealership today so there was no gas in it. I was late before I got out of the driveway. When I got to work the head hancho was there, so he didn’t get the message I texted to my regular boss, who was home sick. 


When I got home from work, Moses’s poison ivy had spread from his hands and arms to his trunk and face. After we went to the doctor, I threw my blankets into the mountain of dirty laundry, thinking it could be the cause of my own rash spreading. 


He tried to take the pills but threw them up, so the doctor called in a prescription for liquid. He choked down the medicine and then double threw it up. That means it was super grosser than the first time because we had just finished dinner. I was rinsing the cup out when I felt a bit of water land on my face near my mouth. From the cup. That caught the vomit.


When I was finally able to climb into bed, I discovered my blankets missing. Because they’re still in the dirty laundry pile. I’m having a string of bad days. After months of sunshine, I’m due for them, honestly, and I’m not mad, just tired and teary. 


But I know you are praying for me because you told me so. And that makes it so much easier to endure with joy. Because you’re right there with me, helping me to keep going. 


“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/jas.1.2-4.nasb1995

Comments

  1. Hugs sweet friend and yes, praying over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sorry. It is so much! Prayers for rest and surrender and healing. I just read Romans 8:26 and thought of you. “The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”
    I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days