Maundy Thursday

 


I didn’t grow up in a liturgical church so I had never heard of Maundy Thursday until we started going to FBC Platte City. They offered a service during Holy Week every year, but I never went. Thursday is a family day for us, and I guard it fiercely. But this year was different. On Ash Wednesday we made our individual commitments as a family and observed Lent with new eyes. I assumed that Resurrection Day was the end of Lent and that’s what I told my kids, who were counting days. You can imagine our surprise when Dale set the table for Maundy Thursday today and explained that this was the end of Lent. 


It was a humble setting for a meager crew, and I loved every second. We solemnly observed the Lord’s Supper together and thanked Jesus for a his sacrifice for us. Later we went to our first Maundy Thursday service at church and poured our hearts out in worship and gratitude to our Lord, who loves us more than we can ever comprehend.


Tonight I feel humbled and full and rich. I don’t know why He loves us like that, but I want the whole world to know Jesus this way.


“But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/rom.5.8-9.nasb1995

Comments

  1. I am so thankful you were able to walk through this time with your family. I am in awe every single day of his unending love for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days