the not knowing

 


We were just kids, straight out of Bible college, ready to change the world. We had no idea that there was an avalanche ready to bury us the minute we stepped out into the big world.


I’m so glad no one told me what was coming; I would have been afraid. I might have wanted to shrink back, but in His mercy, the Lord shielded me from knowing. I walked right into our new life with total confidence and trust. I was fearless. 


Then came the hard part. There were seasons that it was so dark I couldn’t see Him. There were times I was so entrenched in sin that I didn’t want Him. There were days that I wished for death to stop the ache in my heart. But in His goodness, the Lord held me. He comforted me. He gave me light. He led me out. He steadied my heart. Through suffering I learned obedience and blind faith.


“After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬ https://www.bible.com/bible/100/1pe.5.10.nasb1995

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days