the boot

 


I’m a busybody. I don’t like that word and I don’t like labeling myself with it, but it’s true. I like to be busy. I feel better when I have a purpose. I’m happiest when I’m Mary, but I’m Martha through and through. 


This guy has had a rough year with this foot. His initial procedure was supposed to be a “one and done” non-invasive surgery on a toe, but it turned into a real ordeal after an unusual biological turn of events. This week he went back for a second surgery. We are praying for a full recovery this time. 


I secretly love that he is grounded to the house. It reminds me to stop being busy and sit with him. Our lives are full and they require a lot of hustle if we want to live with any semblance of order, but the work will always be there. The people won’t. 


I’m grateful for the opportunity to tend to Dreamboat for a few weeks. He works selflessly to provide for our family, and when he’s home, he engages with each of us in his own way. His attentiveness toward me is soul-satisfying. I don’t know who I am without him anymore. God has melded our hearts into one, and I feel lucky to be able to take care of him for a while. 


“Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/gal.6.2.nasb1995

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days