brethren

 


We have been talking about buying a truck for several years, since our old red one flew the coop. I wasn’t  in a hurry because our next driver was still young, but as the days flew by, it became more urgent. Dale is a meticulous researcher and chased down several leads before settling on one that seemed too good to be true. We hopped in the car to lay the money on the table, but when we arrived, the owner informed us that the truck sold just moments before. We were disappointed but trusted that God had something else in mind for us. As we turned to go, the sweet gentleman offered us this lovely token of kindness for our trouble. I was so moved, I wished that we could have visited more with him.


The next day, Dale received a message that the deal on the truck had fallen through, and it was now available to us. I was overjoyed! Of course having an opportunity to purchase the truck we really wanted was great, but I knew we would have another chance to interact with this lovely man.


As we loaded for a test drive, he climbed into the tiny back seat and road along with us, explaining all we might need to know about the truck. It wasn’t long before the conversation turned to his life and finally to his faith. We were back in the driveway after about 15 minutes, but as we shared our faith and common love for Jesus, I was flooded with humble gratitude. Not only had God answered our prayers for a truck, but He sent it through a godly man that inspired us and exhorted us to run the race with endurance. I can’t stop smiling and tearing up. I feel like I was in the presence of greatness tonight. I’ll never cease to be amazed at the way God loves His people.


“But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end,”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭3:13-14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/heb.3.13-14.nasb1995

Comments

  1. Oh I am so excited for you for the truck but also for the time you were able to spend with this gentleman. I am sure his story was so rich and what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days