clothes



When I was in high school, I wore styles that were years ahead of my time. I was among a small group of weirdos that wore combat boots with dresses and shopped at thrift stores. We were an oddity. I knew how to find things that looked right. 

I seriously do not know how to pick out clothes anymore. I go into Target and I’m so overwhelmed by all the choices and styles, I usually walk away empty-handed. I’d rather just wear the clothes I have because they’ve all been vetted by my children. 

Today I went in to buy some shoes for one of my girls and decided to pick some out for me too. The more I looked and tried things on, the more overwhelmed I got so I used one of my lifelines. I called my sister. 

Just like my daughters do for me, she vetoed everything I picked out. Then she got online and found a pair on Target.com and sent me a picture. They weren’t the ones I’m wearing in the photo. They were much more on-trend, or however you say that now. 

I recognize that I gravitate to mom-clothes, that’s why I ask for help. If I look like my kids dressed me, they probably did. I know my truth. 

“Where there is no guidance the people fall, But in abundance of counselors there is victory.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭11:14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬ https://www.bible.com/bible/100/pro.11.14.nasb1995

Comments

  1. Yes, we all have areas where we are thankful for someone to come beside us and help walk us through where we struggle. My daughter says I don't match every day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days