riches

 


We had a lovely visit with the seller of our new truck and his wife as the paperwork and money changed hands. It felt surreal as we pulled out of their neighborhood onto a busy street. I couldn’t quite make sense out of the events that followed.

I remember slowing down for an intersection ahead of us, Dale was driving the truck and I was following him in the van, when I heard what sounded like an explosion behind me. Before I had a chance to look, I felt the impact and lurched forward, then slammed my head on the headrest. It was like getting hit in the back of the head with a volleyball. I had the awareness to hit my breaks so I wouldn’t also hit Dale and our new truck. 


Dale ran to me to see if I was ok and survey the damage. Ours was considerable, but the vehicles behind me appeared to be totaled. Both of the other drivers were teenagers. I wanted so much to hug them and tell them it was going to be ok and let them sit in my warm car instead of standing in the rain. They were courteous to me, a stranger, but only wanted their own parents to make them feel safe. When their parents finally arrived, each of them fell apart. It was beautiful. 


I have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly with my kids. I’ve had, and will continue to have, seasons of desperation and seasons of fullness of joy with them. Seeing the relief in these kids’ faces when their parents arrived was precious to me. It reminded me of how rich I am because of all these lives God has entrusted to me for a season.


“Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭127:3-5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/psa.127.3-5.nasb1995

Comments

  1. I am so thankful everyone is ok. I am sure it was a comfort to them that you were so kind and calming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days