friends

 


A few months ago, Dale told me that his friend and his wife were coming to spend several days with us, and they had a bunch of kids. He gave me very few other details. I wasn’t sure about food or expectations or times or activities or anything else. I had to just wait and see. 


When they arrived, I introduced myself to the man and woman and two beautiful young girls. I asked if they had brought any other children, and they said that Teddy was 5, and he had already gone upstairs with the boys.  That was my first clue that we were  going to get along famously. 


We ate and talked and laughed and went to sonic happy hour. The kids were wild and everywhere having loads of fun together. After dinner, I went into my room to get something and found Teddy’s shoe on my bed. I laughed and snapped a photo to remember how quickly our friends became like family. 


I don’t know why we are all so segregated from each other in our world. It seems like no one knows how to be friends anymore. I wish we could all let our guards down and admit that we need each other and make time to be together. I’m feeling so grateful tonight to have had the opportunity to spend this time with our friends and share each others’ burdens. This is how it’s supposed to be. 


“Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭4:9-10‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ecc.4.9-10.nasb1995




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days