springing

 


I distinctly recall studying robins in the second or third grade, and learning that they come out in the spring. I never paid much attention when I was younger, but now I see them everywhere as spring approaches. This photo doesn’t do justice in representing the countless robins in this one yard. I was dumbstruck when I saw them, but I snapped a photo so I could remember. There were so many! 


I’m in love with the seasons. Every one has a place in my heart that I wouldn’t trade for anything. We lived in one of the most beautiful areas in California for three years. I felt so fancy when I found out we were moving there; I’m just a Kansas girl, you know. The temperature was in the 60s and 70s year round. We were 5 miles from the beach and 15 minutes from sprawling acres of beautifully kept vineyards. There were mountains just outside the city limits, and flower fields that were so big, you could smell the fragrance from your car if you had the windows down. 


But it wasn’t home. I missed the seasons terribly. In the winter it rained a little, but that was the extent of seasonal change. It broke my heart. It was like spring all year round. And don’t get me wrong, I love the spring. But every season has a place and a purpose. Even the long dark days of winter. Ever the blistering heat of summer. We need all of it, and when the robins arrive, it means we have endured the freeze, and things are going to start springing to life. 


I’m so grateful. 


“There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven...

He has made everything appropriate in its time. He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end.”

‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭3:1, 4, 11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/ecc.3.1,4,11.nasb1995


Comments

  1. Even though the winter seems so bleak some days it does give us hope that spring is coming. This is such a good analogy to our lives and the seasons we walk through as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days