Beginnings



Something about this time of year awakens a part of me that lies dormant all year long. The first full breath of cool, clean morning air stirs me deep inside. I want to shout from the rooftops, “I’m alive!” 


This year the number on the calendar and the early entrance of cooler days is especially promising. After six long months of endless unrest, fall is a poignant reminder that Christmas is coming. And with Christmas, the promise that Jesus is coming is reflected in every twinkling string of lights. It’s whispered in every song. It rings in every jingling bell. It blows in with colder weather. Everything on earth seems to be preparing for His entrance with eager expectation. 


As the trees drop their leaves and expose barrenness and the sky covers the sun in a gray shroud, the end of a season of life comes on hard and fast. But even as critters borrow down and birds fly south, I’m reminded that this world is not my home. The hope of Emmanuel turns my eyes to the sky in rising expectation. May the Lord of heaven beckon you as the promise of His return draws near.


“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,”

‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NASB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/jhn.1.12.nasb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days