Summer.



In the Sutton house, August 31st marks the last day of summer. On September 1st, we will replace all the spring decorations with beautiful fall flowers. Then we’ll make pumpkin muffins, make pumpkin spice lattes, and watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.


I want to share a few things I’ve learned from Covid summer 2020.

  1. I operate best with a routine. Every morning I made a list of 6 simple things I wanted accomplish. I’m a task master. If I have too much wide open space, I get depressed. It’s too overwhelming. The list steers me. 
  2. I accomplish more with a deadline. I have to fence in my time with deadlines.
  3. Covid isolation is causing fences to go up between people. If need to watch for creative opportunities to build bridges so that people aren’t sitting alone in isolation.
  4. Whatever life looks like, I have to make it count today. 
  5. Getting rid of stuff makes me feel better.100% of the time. Every time.
“So teach us to number our days, That we may present to You a heart of wisdom.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭90:12‬ ‭NASB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/psa.90.12.nasb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days