Kindred

This morning I had an early delivery that was about three hours away. I was thrilled to be able to see a very dear friend of mine, even with the short notice. I haven’t seen her for years. She and I have a rich history together and a common passion for Jesus. We couldn’t get the words out fast enough. Hearing her stories of God’s faithfulness and provision built me up like a hundred sermons. I was riveted.  When our time ran out, I practically had to tear myself away.


The thing we kept coming back to was that we didn’t realize what we had when we had it. During the season we spent together, we had a tribe that truly did life together. We were friend-rich. It was golden.


As I drove away, I was reminded to look around and be thankful for the people in my life. I don’t ever want to take for granted the fact that God has providentially given me people to walk the journey with, in every season of my life. I’m humbled and grateful.


“Bear one another’s burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.”

‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:2‬ ‭NASB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/gal.6.2.nasb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days