Words


 


Words are a thing for me.


I hate it when someone is talking badly about me. It makes me feel small and vulnerable and paranoid. I care too much and am tempted to lock myself down in defense.


I am also insatiable in my appetite for gossip. It can become reckless at times. Sadly, you reap what you sow.


The words matter and I’m desperate to change. In my foolishness, I let the words run rampant. God forgive me, I’m weak! I don’t want the things that come out of my mouth to be disparaging or damaging.


Watching the mobs scream curses and make demands of individuals has had a profound impact on me. I don’t want anything in my life to reflect that kind of hatred or chaos. May the love and peace of God be a banner over His people in these dark days.


When there are many words, transgression is unavoidable, but he who restrains his lips is wise. Proverbs 10:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days