The little things


It’s so strange to me that I can walk past something a hundred times and not notice it until the 101st time I pass it. Today on my walk I just happened to notice these beauties drinking in the sunlight without a care in the world. Their petals were outstretched in a delicate display of perfection. By most standards they are just weeds, growing various places without any particular intent. Given the wrong set of circumstances, they would be yanked out by the roots or poisoned to extinction. They’re so delicate. The details are so intricate. They’re captivating when I stop long enough to notice. 


Most mornings when I reach for my phone to shut off my alarm, I open my Bible app and read a chapter. I’ve been reading a chapter a day for decades. This morning I was reading out of 1 Corinthians, and the verses grabbed me as if I had never seen them before. How do they do that? I have read these chapters many, many times. And yet, as if for the first time, I take hold in order to secure them in my mind for their life-giving value. 


There are riches in this life that can only be mined only by consistency. If I didn’t walk every day, I might never have seen the flowers because  there’s so much more to see. But by seeing those things every day, the sky, the horses, the estates, they become familiar, creating space to notice the finer details. It’s the same with the Bible. The more you read it and take hold of the big truths, you create space to unpack the intricacies of deeper understanding. 


Read your Bible, pray everyday, and you’ll grow, grow, grow.


“And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ;”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:9-10‬ ‭NASB‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/php.1.9-10.nasb


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days