Crepe Myrtle



Last night Mose woke up to go to the bathroom. We were in a hotel and he asked Dale if he had any extra blankets. He only had his little blankey that he has slept with since he was tiny, but it wasn’t enough to keep him warm. I told him to pull his blanket and sheet back on the bed and get under that. He acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about. He had no idea that the answer he was searching for was right within his reach, but he had to ask to realize it.


This is why we pray. God has given us everything we need for life and godliness, but some things can only be ours for the taking when we ask God for them.


Last week we were gearing up for a big trip and I was starting to worry about how we were going to pay for part of it. I had resolved to put that much on the credit card, but I really didn’t want to. I asked God for the money with these words. “Lord, please provide the money we need. I don’t know how you will do it, but I know you can.” Two days before we were scheduled to leave, Dale handed me a stack of cash that was more than enough to cover those expenses.


I have always wondered about the necessity of prayer. God is so clearly in the know about what we need and what will happen. But I’m His providence, He has ordained that some things can only happen when we pray and fast. This understanding has given flight to my prayers. When we pray with a sense of purpose and urgency, as opposed to a sense of duty, things change. 


May your prayers reach heaven, darling. No matter how it feels or what it looks like. May your faith grow strong as you ask and receive.


“The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

‭‭James‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/jas.5.16.niv

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days