Homeschooling...

Here's a little peek
at Kennedy's future.
I should have been working on these lesson plans weeks ago
buuuut I decided to do it last weekend.
The weekend before we start a full new school year.
Like so many things in my life.

I've been up to my eyeballs in books
and lesson plans.
I love this part
usually.
I just don't like it when it's hanging over my head.
It's been hanging over my head for weeks.
It must be PMS.
I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel...
busy from morning till night
accomplishing a miniscule amount of work.
Maybe it's just one of the pitfalls
or the joys
of this crazy life
with all these kids.

I make myself stop to snuggle
or tickle
or chase
or kiss someone's face.
I want to kiss Dale Sutton's face right now.

But then I get behind.
I drive myself crazy with this stuff.
Am I driving you crazy?

I made a list of the things that are weighing on my mind.
1. Lesson plans
2. Co-op lesson plans
3. Pay Bills.
4. Clean workroom
5. Clean little girls' room

It's not as overwhelming in black and white. 
Only five things.
And yet... these things are kind of huge.
A year of lesson plans
for six children.
A year of co-op lesson plans
for two separate classes.
The bills would only take a few minutes
but then I'd have to accept that my grocery budget
is almost gone.
Workroom will take...
forever.
Girls' room...
Don't get me started.
Don't EVEN get me started!!

I love it when Red Knight says that.
It makes me laugh.

So anyways... I have to get back to the lesson plans.
Dinner is just around the corner.
Then we have a date with our neighbors
and a mountain of s'mores.
Yay!

lvb

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days