One minute at a time

Friday I spent all day fretting.
We have this
HUGE BIRTHDAY PARTY
this afternoon.
We have
SMALL GROUP
tomorrow.
CO-OP
starts Tuesday.
I'm not ready.
I need a down-time day, but
I spend all my down-time days fretting.
What's the point of that?
I need a schedule.
I need to look at a schedule
after I make it
and FOLLOW the schedule!
It would help tremendously...

So I decided to only take on the trouble of
ON DAY AT A TIME.
Funny how this foundational method of coping
takes so many rounds or relearning!
Today I am expecting company
in waves.
For Leila's party we invited
everyone.
She wants pizza- which is
a lot of work.
I woke up with a tummy ache.
This day is too big.
I decided to
take this day in segments.
Minutes.
No worries.
No fretting.
I am doing what matters first.
I read Romans chapter eight.
I didn't study it or glean from it,
I just read it.
Now I am getting on the treadmill.
I can't let this petty fretting
steal the things that matter to me
from me.
I am doing what counts first.
Busy will wait.
Busy always waits around the corner
ready to pounce.
I'll see you later with some updates from the party!
I am going to make this day count
one minute at a time!!

lvb

Comments

  1. And another party we missed.....don't be hard on yourself! Just do some each day.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days