Wal-Mart

Soooo.... Today we went to Wal-Mart.
Today we went to Wal-Mart
at 4:30
on Barry Road.
All of us.
We all went to
Wal-Mart on Barry Road
at 4:30 for over an hour.
We looked like
a circus act walking through there.
People were
staring,
glaring,
gawking,
walking fast the other way
to avoid the chaos...
It's one of the reasons
I don't EVER do that.
At one point in the baking isle
Moses was crying,
Scarlette was whining,
Deisha was mimicking Moses,
the older kids had their ears plugged,
and then I ran over Deisha's toes with the cart.
An older woman in the isle
couldn't disguise her disdain for
the explosion of activity in the isle.
I smiled at her.
She didn't smile back.
I managed to give
the appearance of being in control of the situation,
which kept hostility at bay.
When we got to the register
the woman in line behind us
asked lots of questions about our family and
seemed to be fascinated by the
sheer number of us.
She said,
"God bless you!  God bless you!"
as we headed out the door.
I felt blessed.
I am blessed. 
I feel blessed.
I love my life.
I love our circus act,
just not at Wal-Mart
at 4:30
on Barry Road.









 lvb



Comments

  1. Oh man! People at walmart are already mad.....something about the place puts everyone in a funk!! Funny how that one person can change the mood just like that! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days