Gifts

Sometimes I think
Why me?
Why did God choose me
for all of this.

I am
lazy
disorganized
scattered
recklessly optimistic
short-tempered
and sometimes disinterested.

I know that God is good.
He is true and just.
He gives good gifts
not based on merit,
but on His kindness.
The riches of His mercy.

It's His kindness that leads us
to repentance.
And oh what joy. 
The joy of living in
abundant life.

I feel unworthy
because I am.
I feel inadequate
because I am.
I feel like I am incapable
of meeting all the needs of
this household.
Because I am.
It just makes it more clear to me
the He is everything that I am not.

Thank You, God.
You are so good.

lvb

Comments

  1. Every year I wonder, why me? But I can do this! Yes, God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days