Lucidity

There was this song that I used to know
in high school.
Silent Lucidity.
I never knew what it meant,
but I sang it all the time.

Today dropped my kids off at the thrift store
to volunteer.
On the way home, I made mental note to self:
SET ALARM TO PICK UP KIDS.
I knew I would forget.
I forget everything.
From the driveway to the house I forgot.
But I remembered when I went into the bathroom.

I had a lucid moment.
Bathroom Lucidity.
Funny. True.

While I was in there I remembered something else.
A week ago I bought a ten pound bag of chicken quarters.
$.79 a pound.
While I was putting away groceries I made a mental note:
SEPARATE THE CHICKEN BEFORE IT FREEZES INTO
ONE HUGE BLOCK OF CHICKEN QUARTERS.

In the bathroom I remembered for the first time that
I should have separated the chicken quarters.
Now they are in one huge block of chicken quarters.
It's ok.  I'll use them all eventually.

It's not that I never remember,
It's that I remember in strange increments. 
Inconvenient increments of time.
Like a week later when it's too late.

The gal I clean for writes everything down.
She has sticky notes all over the house.
She has notebooks, sticky notepads, and pens all over the house.
I keep thinking I should make a sticky note to self:
KEEP STICKY NOTEPADS AND PENS EVERYWHERE.

Hmph.

Last week I told her I was going to sit down and
put everything that needs to get done
on the calendar.
She said I could do that but...
it would never get done. 
So I never did it.
Nothing's getting done.

But on a happy note, I am skinnier than I was a month ago because
I don't need a sticky note reminder to workout.
I just do it.
AND I have been blogging.
Which I love!
Because it is fun and happy.
AND I have all my blog history in one happy place now.
It feels like home. :)

Just sayin'.

lvb

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mercy

guard dog

Better days